Heat embossing is an awesome technique, aint it? And I am still in the initial stages of exploring it. And what best - that combining this with watercolors :)
An inspiration for doing so was obtained by Mudra Blog Challenge #5
And here's my card!
In a different angle
Steps followed in Card Creation:
- On a slighly smaller than A2 watercolor paper - I stamped elegant patterns from Mudra - Mendhika Stamp using Versamark Embossing Ink and heat embossed in white (super fine). It was not easy doing so on a watercolor paper though.Stamped the entire area of the card using masking technique.
- I watercolored the card base in different shades of distress inks. The lovely texture that shows up with combination of heat embossing and watercoloring indeed makes one happy!
- Also Stamped pretty butterflies from Mudra - Beautiful Butterflies Stamp and heat embossed them in white and fussy cut them.
- The sentiment stamped is from Mudra - Brushed Alpha. Have heat embossed in white (super fine) on vellum sheet.
- Adorned all of these onto white base CS, using double sided tape to get a popped up look.
Also linking this card to the below challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday - New Product - All Stamps + distress inks used in this card are new.
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Hope you peeps liked my card! Looking forward to hearing your lovely comments!