Upcycled - Thank You - Jewellery Box and DT Post
Hope you all are doing well!! And so am i :))
I am here today for my 2nd DT post for Stamp-n-Doodle. Wherein the current challenge is 'Lauren Curtis Spotlight - Anything Goes'
The Challenge is quite easy and all you need to do is complete a Card / Project that follows the Theme. It can be anything remember for example, Cards Scrapbook Layouts, Boxes, Bags, Tags, 3D Creations and maybe even Jewellery. And the prize is a chance to grab one of Lauren Curtis' Stamps from Stamp-n-Doodle's Digi Stamps and also to grab top- 3 badges!!
For my project, i have made a jewellery box as below:
The box in a different angle:
The image atop the box is the - Celtic Knot from SND, that is designed by Lauren Curtis.
I wanted a kind - off monochromatic set up for the box, hence settled for an off-white and black combination.
The box is covered by black cardstock from my stash.
I have also adorned it with my favourite paper crafting technique, i.e., Quilling :)). I have added a different type of quilled flowers in the alternating colour combination on all the four sides of the box.
I have also added a hand-written sentiment - "Thank You" as an additional adornment onto the upcycled box.
I have turned this box into a "jewellery box" to store few of the many junk jewels that i own :).. so this is a gift from "ME" to "ME".. Thank you :)))
And Guess what???
For my project i have actually upcycled a box and turned it into a Jewellery Box. See below for the "before" and "After" images.
Linking this project to :
- Challenge 89 - Quillin' like a Villain! hosted by Art Impressions Stamps (for quilled flowers)
- Week 181 - It's a Gift hosted by Allsorts Challenge Blog ( for this self-gifted jewellery box)
- Card Caravan Challenge #31 – Thankful hosted by The Hybrid Chick
- Challenge #43: Be Thankful hosted by Use it Tuesday (stash: card stocks/quilling strips/unused box - which was upcycled)
- LEJ Designs Challenge No 30 - Alter It hosted by LEJ Designs
- CHAPTER 21: Gratitude hosted by The Altered Alice ( for the altered-upcycled thankyou-jewellery box)
- Paper Pretties Monday Challenge - PPMC66! hosted by Paper Pretties
- MY SHERI CRAFTS CHALLENGE #098 - Give Thanks hosted by My Sheri Crafts Challenge
- THANKS hosted by Crafty Sentiments
- Monday Challenge #76 - Thanksgiving hosted by My Craft Spot
- Challenge # 42 GIVE THANKS hosted by Love to Create Challenge Blog
- Weekly Challenge # 37 Anything Thanksgiving or Fall hosted by Tammy's Scrapin Corner